8.13.2014

Camp Volunteering :)

I'm back from 6 days(5 nights) camp last night.
The camp I went was for the kids who can't use their arms and legs because of cerebral palsy(CP), muscular dystrophy or spina bifida. I joined this camp as a volunteer. It was my first time.
We took more than 50 hours for the camp's preparation since May. When I started the preparation, I felt this is a long way for the camp. But time flied sooo fast. Camp was done, and I'm blogging at home. D:

The camp was joined so many people. My group was 5 volunteers and 6 kids. Kids were 11-13 years old. They were really really adorable. Things did not go well sometime, we had some troubles during 6 days but in the end, I felt so sad about camp is over... Kids' smiles and crying faces(when we said good-bye) makes me miss the camp... :'(

Everytime I volnteer, I'm sure "volunteering" is not one way relationship. You can learn lots of things that you can't get if there is salary or something.
Doing something for the people is also for yourself at the same time.



Have a great day, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment