2.03.2011

about Japanese culture :)

I like to know traditional cultures lately.


However, I can't explain Japanese culture if you ask me in English x(

So I sometimes study (how to explain) Japanese culture with books :P





This is one of my favorite book !

"Introduced in English and Japanese" by Koji Kuwabara






It's written in English and Japanese.
I can understand easily =D haha

I quote some informations from this book.



* National holidays :)

January 1 is New Year's Day.
Second Monday of January is Coming-of age Day.
February 11 is National Founding Day.
March 20(21) is Vemal Equinox Day.
April 29 is Greenery Day.
May 3 is Constittution Memorial Day.
May 5 is Children's Day / Boys' Festival.
Third Monday of July is Marine Day.
Third Monday of September is Respect-for-the-Aged Day.
September 23 is Autumnal Equinox Day.
Second Monday of October is Sport Day.
November 3 is Culture Day.
November 23 is Labor Thanksgiving Day.
December 23 is Emperor's Birthday.



* Greetings

I'm leaving. --- 行ってきます。
Have a nice day. --- 行ってらっしゃい。
I'm home. --- ただいま。
Welcome home. --- お帰りなさい。

I think these greetings are important between family :)

("These greetings are done without hugs and kisses. We neither hug nor kiss in front of other people")



* Gifts

"The Japanese think an important thing should be wrapped properly and consider the wrapping paper as part of the important gift. It's rude to rip the wrapping paper in front of a friend. When we give money, it is always wrapped. To use both hands is a polite way of receiving a present."



* Other episodes

"In the new year, children are given "otoshidama" (money in a small envelope) by the parents and the relatives, etc."

"Japanese sweets (wagashi) usually go with Japanese green tea."

"The Japanese usually bring some small gift when they visit someone's home for the first time."




I can't upload any photos of this book here so I searched and found some interesting website :)
Those are website from Japan Foundation.

The free member registration is necessary.



* You can practice basic Japanese pronunciation with a few anime characters x)
アニメ・マンガの日本語- English, Korean, Spanish


* You can learn basic conversations with animation =)
WEB版『エリンが挑戦!にほんごできます』- 日本語
WEB版『エリンが挑戦!にほんごできます』- English


* You can try sushi test in Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean, etc.
すしテスト




I'm gonna write my composition !!!
See ya xD



_

8 comments:

  1. うわ~あの本っておもしろいね!^^
    さおりは教師になれるよ~(`・ω・´)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I just read your blog
    Im Edwin from Indonesia
    Im interested in japanese culture :)
    I would like to have Japanese friend too

    it would be awesome to contact with you
    my email is : edwin_corpz@hotmail.com
    feel free to email me

    btw, whats inside the book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Edwin

    Thank you for the comment !
    That's so nice :)
    I'd like to help you learn Japanese culture.

    It's written about Japanese culture in English and Japanese =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ジョンへ


    おもしろいよ~!
    どうだろう‥
    私日本語下手だからな~><

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, should be a nice book..
    I want to buy it later :)
    thanks for the website that you posted above

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Edwin


    yes it's fun for me ^^

    you're welcome !
    you saw those website ? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. うん!おもしろいね~^^
    そんなことないよ!
    さおりの日本語は上手だよ~がんばって!(○^^○)

    ReplyDelete
  8. un, I saw the website, and it was cool! XD
    is otoshidama culture sama as chinese new year culture? because children are given "otoshidama" (money in a small envelope) by the parents and the relatives

    你会说话语吗?

    よろしく~

    ReplyDelete